What are Dew Disinfectants?
Dew Disinfection products are a human body compatible, harsh chemical free, range of disinfection products that are highly effective at killing bacteria, viruses, fungi and spores as well as suppressing pollen.
What is Hypochlorous Acid?
Hypochlorous Acid is the substance our bodies produce to fight infection, so its germ killing properties are well known and understood and since our own bodies produce it naturally. It's the active ingredient in Dew Disinfect, Sanitiser and Air and is proven to be 99.995% effective at destroying bacteria, viruses, fungi and spores.
What is Dew made of?
Dew Disinfection products are mainly water, in fact, as supplied ready to use, they are about 99.84% water, the other constituents are salt (Sodium Chloride) 0.134% and F.A.C. of 0.026%.
What is F.A.C?
F.A.C stands for ‘Free Available Chlorine’ and in the case of Dew Disinfection products, like Dew Hand Sanitiser, F.A.C comprises two components, Hypochlorous Acid (about 245ppm) and Sodium Hypochlorite (about 15ppm). The reason why we express these two components as F.A.C is because it is a more accurate statement about the concentration of the active ingredients. The ratio between these two components will vary slightly depending upon the pH, but the overall F.A.C value stays the same.
How can Salt and Water kill Germs and Viruses?
The electrolysis process has the effect of separating the salt solution into two different solutions, Anolyte and Catholyte. The Anolyte has two main active elements: one is the Hypochlorous Acid mentioned in FAQs, the other is a tiny electrical charge that is place on every molecule in the solution. This charge is known as the ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential). Together they form an extremely effective disinfectant. The Catholyte is a very effective cleaner/degreaser, which is sold as Dew Superclean.
How does Dew work?
Put simply; when Dew (electrolysed water) comes into contact with bacteria, the ORP on the Dew molecules causes an imbalance on the cell surface, breaking down its defences, allowing the Hypochlorous Acid to render it harmless. For typical applications Dew will perform at least 30 times faster than the best household bleach, plus it is also very effective at killing viruses, all without the use of harsh chemicals.
Are there any toxic chemicals in Dew?
No, not in the concentration in which the product is supplied. Dew complies with the requirements of the European Biocide Regulation EU528/2012 Product Types 1-5, which means it is deemed approved for use with Humans and Animals and it has been tested to BS EN 901 as a disinfectant for drinking water, fit for human consumption.
How effective is Dew?
Tests in compliance with EU Regulations show that Dew is 99.995% effective at killing bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Where can Dew be used?
Dew is the most versatile of all disinfectants. Since it is highly effective at killing bacteria, viruses and fungi, without damaging environment and it is entirely human compatible, it can be used almost everywhere where disinfection or sanitisation is required.
Does Dew leave behind any film or residue?
Dew leaves NO residue, in fact it destroys biofilm and hormonal residues, then simply evaporates.
Is Dew safe to drink?
The short answer is YES, provided it is being used as directed to disinfect water. In 2015 Electrolysed water was given approved by the Secretary of State under regulation 31 of the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000 for use in public water supplies.
What should I do if Dew get into my eyes?
Dew is not going to harm you, simply rinse well with tap water.
What happens if I inhale Dew?
Nothing; no harm will come to you, your animals or your children. Once Dew is in the air that you breath, it kills the bacteria, viruses spores and pollen. It is known to actually provide relief for those suffering with certain respiratory ailments.
How quickly does Dew work?
Dew works much quicker than any disinfectant product you can buy from the supermarket. Typically at least 5 times faster and it kills more germs (including viruses), killing up to 99.995% of all pathogens.
What’s the best place to store Dew?
Dew is best kept in a cool dark place (i.e. cupboard) and in its original container.
How long can I keep Dew before it stops working?
If kept as recommended, Dew will remain active for at least 6 months after opening, maybe even longer. Storage in a hot or open-to-the-sky place will cause Dew to degrade over a shorter period. Avoid unnecessary opening of the (spray) bottles, open only when empty and refill using our refill Ready Mix or concentrate.
Can I use Dew like Dettol to treat a graze or an open wound?
Dew is an Antiseptic and although it has not been registered as a ‘Medicinal Product’, independent tests show that, in addition to killing the bacteria likely to cause an infection, the reactive oxygen in Dew stimulates DNA synthesis and cell division, accelerating the repair of the wound.
Can I use Dew around baby?
Dew is a gentle disinfectant and is highly unlikely to harm your baby’s skin. But as always with baby, try it on a small area first, just in case. Don’t forget, it can be used to disinfect the potty and to rinse baby’s clothes and bedding.
Can I use Dew around my pets?
Dew can be used in a number of ways to help care for your pets. Regular spraying of their bedding, will neutralised pets smells and reduce bacteria. Spray on any wounds to act as an Antiseptic.
Can I use Dew around my plants?
Dew will not harm your plants, in fact people have reported that spraying cut flowers extends their life and enhances their fragrance.
Why does Dew have a slight smell of bleach?
One of the constituents of Dew Disinfect, Sanitiser and Air is Hypochlorous acid, which, when it reacts with oxygen in the air gives off a tiny amount of gas, which is what you can smell.